Skip to content
A classic of Russian cuisine, this comfort dish is perfect for fall.
- ¼ cup (60 ml)olive oil
- ½ lb (250 g)mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lb (450 g)beef tenderloin, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp (45 ml)flour
- 2 cups (500 ml)beef broth
- 1 tsp (5 ml)dill, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml)dry mustard
- ¼ cup (60 ml)red wine or sherry
- 1 tsp (5 ml)oregano
- ½ tsp (2 ml)paprika
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 lb (450 g)fettuccini, cooked al dente
- 1 cup (243 g)Olympic Organic 2% plain yogurt
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté mushrooms and onions until they are soft and golden.
- Remove the onions.
- Brown the meat by searing it on high heat, making sure it stays rare.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the flour to the frying pan and gradually add the broth, stirring constantly until a uniform consistency is achieved and the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Return the meat, mushrooms, onions and wine to the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, oregano, dill and yogurt.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve over pasta or rice.