Yogurt and cucumber dip with zaatar pita chips
If you like dips, you will love this one!
- 2 cups yogurt Olympic Greek Plain yogurt
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 grated clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- pepper of the mill
- grated cucumber
Chips of pita
- 4-6 pita breads
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- a big spoon of za’atar
- In a bowl, combine the Organic Greek yogurt with all the ingredients except the cucumber.
- Grate the cucumber, remove excess water by pressing it in your hands or in a clean cloth.
- Add the grated cucumber to the Greek yogurt mixture.
- Adjust the seasoning if desired. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pita chips.
- Cut the pita breads into 8 slices, place them in a bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and sprinkle with zaatar. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 7 minutes until crisp.
- Place the dip on a large plate, sprinkle with olive oil, garnish with cherry tomatoes cut in 4, lightly roasted walnuts (walnuts, almonds, pine nuts etc.). Serve with the pita chips.
Photo credit and recipe: Emilie Gaillet