Panna cotta with vanilla and blueberry sauce
An Italian classic!
- 2 cups Olympic Krema Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoon of powdered or flaked agar (note: replace the agar with a 7 g gelatin envelope soaked in ¼ cup cold water)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of cream 35%
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons of cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
For the pannacotta
- In a large bowl, combine the Olympic Krema vanilla yogurt with half the milk and cream.
- In a small saucepan, bring to the boil the rest of the milk and cream and add cane sugar and agar agar. Whisk to dissolve sugar and agar agar.
- Note: To activate agar-agar needs to be brought to a boil. Unlike gelatin which should be added off-flame.
- Pour the mixture into the yogurt bowl and mix.
- Divide the mixture into 6 glasses and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
For the grout
- In a saucepan, mix the ingredients of the coulis and simmer until a syrupy consistency is obtained. Pour into the bottom in each small pot.